Following are some of the BLOCKERS & BOOSTERS of TASK PRODUCTIVITY. These are straight forward and simple to understand.
- Planning & Prioritisation: Fundamental to TASK PRODUCTIVITY is planning. This is the starting point. Once the basic plan is in place, prioritisation should take place. With right prioritisation, effectiveness and productivity can be achieved. Now lot of tools and technology can be used for planning & prioritisation
- Batching: This is an important concept. When we batch lot of similar nature tasks lot more productivity can be achieved. Whenever we switch between tasks there is a “switching cost”. Your brain takes some time to restart the previous task and results in switching cost. Hence it would be productive to schedule similar tasks for the longer periods like 2-3 hours time so that your attention and focus is in place and you can get lot more done. But most often people tend to switch between tasks and between distractions
- Automation: This the latest and going be an ongoing one. You can’t imagine how much can be automated. It would be endless. In fact entire IT revolution is all about this. Next wave is about AI level of automation. This will be the biggest BOOSTER of all. Ultimate end of this would be bare minimum manual tasks.
- Technology/Apps: Using latest technology and Apps can save lot of time in planning and execution. Will cover more on this in a separate lesson
- De-focus: Any and all kind of distractions and de-focus would be biggest BLOCKER. We had covered more on this under MIND PRODUCTIVITY. There would be good amount of overlap between MIND & TASK productivity wrt focus, attention and deep work
- Indecisiveness: All said and done no amount of automation or planning can do any thing without right decisioning. Lack of decisioning on time would BLOCK entire task productivity.
If we take care of LIFE, MIND & STRENGTHS PRODUCTIVITY, TASK PRODUCTIVITY can be managed easily.