We have looked at the following elements under TASK PRODUCTIVITY.
- BOOSTER & BLOCKERS
- BOOSTERS – Planning & Prioritisation, Batching, Automation and Technology & Apps
- BLOCKERS – De-focus & Indecisiveness
- PERETO PRINCIPLE – 20% of our activity produces 80% of our results
- PARKINSON’S LAW – The more time we have to complete a task, the more time it will take
- CARLSON’S LAW – Continuous work takes less time and energy than when performed in several steps
Even though LIFE, MIND & STRENGTHS PRODUCTIVITY are more important, without getting them executed would be futile. Hence one needs to master TASK PRODUCTIVITY. Even though it looks very simple on surface there are lot of inefficiencies exists under TASK & TIME management. If we follow the time management laws/principles like the above ones you can substantially increase TASK PRODUCTIVITY.
Many people are aware about all these laws and principles directly or from common sense. But the main problem comes in how to integrate all these things into daily time management. Most time time management systems are focused on one or two main focus areas (prioritisation, batching or deep work, etc). We have not found any system that integrated majority of these key elements. This made us to think and come up with a “Neo Time Management” system. More on this in the coming lessons.
You can come up with your own system. Make sure you think through all the key elements for best PRODUCTIVITY at all levels.