One of my role model is Seth Godin. Seth is world’s top author, marketer, entrepreneur and daily blogger. He is a big advocate of daily blogging. I have taken inspiration from Seth and decided to blog every day. This is going to be a real experiment for me.
Here are the key reasons why I think blogging every day will change life for better.
- Play with Fears: Like any new venture in life, blogging/writing also creates fear in your brain and builds huge resistance initially. What is the worst thing that can happen when you blog? May be you run out of ideas, quality of content is not good, self-doubt about your writing skill, criticism, may be not able to spend time consistently, etc. You are not going to be killed for these reasons. But our dear Amygdala in the brain will stop you moving forward. I think blogging is the lowest risk venture to face the fears and move forward in life.
- Creates Discipline: If you have to blog every day obviously you need to have systems and discipline in place. Once you build discipline in one area and you automatically will be able to replicate the model into other areas of life.
- Become Better Writer: If you have itch for writing and have a dream of becoming an author then daily practice of writing will make you much better writer. If you have doubts about your writing skills, then all the more reason you need to blog every day.
- Clarity in Thinking: When you start writing, your clarity on that particular topic will significantly improve. And eventually your thinking capability will increase.
- Become Expert: As you keep sharing your knowledge and thinking with rest of the world you will gain more and more knowledge and become an expert in the chose area.
- Ideas will Flow: Once you have set in your mind that you have to produce a blog every day, your brain will start searching for new ideas and you will end up publishing next blog and next blog.
- Kills Perfectionism: I have been waiting for the perfect website design, perfect blog topics, etc. Perfectionism is poisonous especially when you are venturing into any unknown area. Daily blogging will not have luxury for perfect blog posts. You just have to keep writing with in the shorter time available with your day job.
Of course, there are many other commercial benefits of blogging but I am more interested in simply sharing my ideas/thoughts with others. Even if no one reads you blog you still get all the above benefits!