“I’m an inventor. I became interested in long-term trends because an invention has to make sense in the world in which it is finished, not the world in which it is started.”
After reading all this I hope you are fascinated by all the possibilities for the future. If you are keen to learn more, you should read what some of the best futurists in the world have to say. Here is my list of the top seven:
1. Dr. Michio Kaku, Professor of theoretical physics at the City College of New York and CUNY Graduate Center, and author of The Future of the Mind
2. Dr. Ray Kurzweil, Inventor, pioneering computer scientist, and director of engineering at Google
3. Dr. Anne Lise Kjaer, Founder of London-based trend forecasting agency Kjaer Global
4. Dr. James Canton, CEO of the San Francisco-based Institute for Global Futures and author of Future Smart: Managing the Game- Changing Trends that will Transform Your World
5. Jason Silva, host of the National Geographic Channel’s Brain Games
6. Dr. Amy Zalman, CEO and president of the World Future Society
7. Mark Stevenson, author of An Optimist’s Tour of the Future
I would put Elon Musk in a special list of his own, because he is the extremely rare kind of visionary who actually turns his futuristic ideas into reality.
Here are some very good websites focused on the future:
I hope you enjoy learning more and start making predictions of your own to enhance your futuristic talent!