Based on lot of research Gallup distilled every thing to list of TEN talents. What is a Talent?. Talents are naturally recurring patterns of thought, feeling, or behaviour that can be productively applied. Talents are inborn and natural.
Here are the TEN talents that every Business MUST have.
- CONFIDENCE – Know themselves very well. Highly confident about decision making. High self belief.
- DELEGATOR – Can easily delegate work to others based on people/team strengths. Believes in the team.
- DETERMINATION – This is the most important talent among all. Ability to overcome obstacles and high stamina to work.
- DISRUPTOR – Innovative & futuristic mind. Can easily come up with the services/products to disrupt markets.
- INDEPENDENCE – Can single handedly manage delivery and operations. Take end to end ownership.
- KNOWLEDGE – Uses knowledge/expertise as an asset to build business and gain competitive advantage.
- PROFITABILITY – Very strong with financials & profitability. Keep high focus on business growth.
- RELATIONSHIP – Can easily build partnerships and eco system for the business growth success.
- RISK – Can thrive with ambiguity and challenges. Good in taking rational approach under risk.
- SELLING – Easily persuade and sell to customers and partners. Very strong evangelist for the company.
We have seen wide variety of business success and failure scenarios. What amazes us is that most successful companies have very good coverage of these TEN Talents with in the core team of the business. Does this mean if you have these talents success guaranteed? No. But if you don’t have all these TEN then sustainable growth is not guaranteed. This is based on the research and based on our experience in working with different entrepreneurs and business owners.
Bottom line – It is MUST to have all these TEN talents covered in your business. Look at the list again and see what happens if few of the talents miss in your business?.
Have you taken your BP10 assessment? Will talk about it in the next lesson.